Sunday, September 28, 2008

Abby's Doctor's Appt and Update from the weekend

Dr's Appt

This is the quick version. Very long day! They think that she has a Milk Protein Allergy and want me to stop bfing because it takes 3 weeks to get the milk and soy proteins out of my body and can take 2 weeks for Abby to get them out of her. She got put on a beefed up formula that we have to add veggie oil to to pack on the cals.

She lost another 2 ounces since Wed so her total loss is 17 ounces. I am going to continue to pump just incase it happens to be something else but cut out the things that they want me to cut out. She was losing weight at a dangerious amount and they need to see exactly how much she is getting and I have to document everything from time to amount ate to amount spit up, when she spit up, and symptoms that she is having (cranky, fussy, crampy, refluxy).

We have given her 2 bottles now and she has done nothing but spit them up so I am hoping that she just has to get use to it. I am sick of this all and want to go crawl in a hole. I am devistated about the bfing and feeling very guilty about the whole situation. (Talked to Mama Kelly for an hour and a half and she made me feel a little better)

We have to go every week this month to the doctor and get the weight checked and we go back on the 30th to the GI. He said she has several issues going on and that before we could address anything else we needed to get her gaining weight. We are in for a long month so say some prayers for all of us. (Esp me I am having a hard time with it and cried from Northside Drive to well after we got on 20)

Weekend Update

Well it seems like Abby is a different baby. She seems happier and calmer and seems to be sleeping better and just all in all doing better. She is still spitting up some not every time but it is still a lot so I am going to call them tomorrow and see if they want a weight check sooner than later.

And what I am going to say is going to sound so selfish because it is and I know it is....I wish it was not working. I really really really want to nurse her again. I enjoyed nursing her. I did not enjoy nursing Alex. It was major bonding and I seem to be completely steping away from feeding Abby. Jon has been doing it most of the time. I hate giving her the bottle, it makes me want to cry every time I give her one.

I am hoping that feeling will pass soon and that the guilt goes away. I am still pumping everytime she eats but if she has a soy allergy too it is going to be so hard to stay away from all of that. Trust me we have been going through the cabinets and reading everything in there. I wish that there was an easy answer for everything but there is not. I guess we will find out on Friday if things are working or not.

No comments: